Community governance is a key part of Stargaze. Governance is performed via on-chain proposals and stake-weighted voting in the Stargaze DAO. Based on proposal outcomes, the chain performs automated actions. Voting happens with the STARS token where 1 staked STARS = 1 vote. The more STARS you stake, the more voting power you have in the DAO.
Because chain actions are non-reversible, proposals should be first discussed before being submitted as an on-chain proposal. Proposals submitted to the chain should be comprehensive, and leave no room for ambiguity or misinterpretation.
On-chain proposals should follow the following process:
- 2.Write a post on Commonwealth. This is where you can fine-tune the parameters and specific asks for your proposal. Software upgrades and contract uploads by the core team do not need to be posted to Commonwealth first.
- 3.For smart contract uploads, contact the team for a free review and audit of your code.
- 4.Create an on-chain proposal with very clear, specific, and actionable items. At this point, all issues have been flushed out in the previous steps. This is considered the definitive version of a proposal and results in an on-chain action upon passing.
Proposals that don’t go through these steps will get a de-facto No With Veto vote by Stargaze Foundation.
If you want to request funding to build something in the Stargaze ecosystem, please address the following in your post and proposal:
- 1.How will your project benefit Stargaze?
- 2.Does this project add value to existing STARS holders?
- 3.Is there a similar project to what you are building? If so, how does yours differentiate from the other(s)?
- 4.Is the amount you are requesting proportional to the value it will provide?
- 5.Have you done market research showing there is a need for what you are building?
- 6.Do you have an existing prototype or demo?
Funding must go into a minimum of a 3/5 multisig and consist of at least three members of the Stargaze community. Funding should be dispersed once the product or service has been delivered or through milestones mentioned in the proposal.